Creating Hygge can be a form of self care for the dark winter months. Hygge creates a sense of well-being. Here are some of my favorite ways to create hygge:
- Lighting: Use rope lights, salt lamps and candles.
- Music: Listen to light jazz or other mood music.
- Textures: Nestle in a soft fuzzy blanket.
- Drink: Savor a steaming mug of hot tea or hot chocolate.
- Seating: Sit by the fireplace on a cold winter evening.
- Community: Invite friends over for an evening of games.
- Cooking: Prepare a simple meal together.
- Spa: Soak in the bathtub by candlelight.
- Install: Use a dimmer switch to create mood lighting.
- Conversation: Linger over a meal or at a coffee shop.
What do you do to create this experience of hygge?
To find out more tips for self care during the winter months, follow DW Healing Art’s wellness newsletter. May you be well.